At Techonomy we take your privacy seriously.
There are only two cases where we ask for personal information:
- When you elect to receive our newsletter, and
- When you register and pay for one of our events.
In each case, the information we request is necessary for us to fulfill the services in which you are enrolling.
We retain the data using vendors that are General Data Protection Regulation compliant.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your data to any third parties without your explicit permission. If you have given us permission to email you, we may occasionally use the information to alert you to events we are planning.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by following the Unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email, or by emailing directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can ask that we delete your personal data from our events registration database at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
We will not share any personal information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Information Shared with Other Users for Certain Events.We may create event-specific web pages, for example, to allow those that attend to see who else is attending the event.
- Information Shared with Our Services Providers.We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf potentially for payments and, in the case of payment processors, are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your personal information for any other purpose. We may share your personal information and any necessary payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date and billing address, with our payment processing services providers in order to complete transactions that are initiated through the Services.
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions.Information that we collect from our users is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your personal information, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
- Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
This website is owned and operated by Techonomy Media. Our principal place of business is:
245 Fifth Ave. Suite 1501
New York, NY 10016
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach our data protection officer directly by emailing to email@example.com